The Department of Informatics and Telecommunication's building infrastructure includes classrooms and laboratories that are equipped with modern audio-visual and computer equipment, high-speed internet connection, and support for synchronous lecture broadcasting among classrooms. In particular:
Main Auditorium (capacity of 330)
Auditorium Α1, Auditorium Α2 (capacity of 110 each),
Classrooms Β, Γ, and Δ, (capacity of 30 each),
Classroom Ε (capacity of 32),
Classroom ΣΤ and Ζ (capacity of 75 each)
- Three (3) Conference Rooms
- Reading Hall (capacity of 130)
- various computer labs
- a central computer room
Additionally, the Department hosts the following University-wide units:
- The University's Accessibility Unit for Students with Disabilities
- The Computer Center and the Library Computer Center
- The University's Networks Operations Center (NOC)
The department operates open-access labs, with opening hours for students from 09:00 to 21:00, as well as several specialized labs equipped with dedicated servers and software appropriate for a variety of applications.
Students have access to various computing environments as well as to numerous personal computers with high-speed internet connection. Student lab training for courses requiring laboratory support is held in dedicated laboratories with application-specific equipment. The department’s infrastructure is complemented by various laboratories for postgraduate students and research.
List of computer laboratories:
• Windows PC1 (Open-Access – Lab Instruction)
• Windows PC2
• Linux (Open-Access – Lab Instruction)
• DIGITAL DESIGN & HIGH PERFORMANCE PC
• INFORMATICS TEACHING
• COMMUNICATION NETWORKS
• NETWORK SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
• ELECTRONICS AND MICRO-ELECTRONICS
• DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING
The Reading Hall of the Department of Informatics and Telecommunications has a capacity of 130 seats, providing wired and wireless network infrastructure.
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 15:00. Closed on public holidays. During break periods the schedule is adjusted accordingly.
Tel.: (+30) 210 727 5190, (+30) 210 727 5221 (Reading Hall administrator: Ms. Tatiana Kurou).
Reading Hall rules:
- In order to safeguard private studying, users are required to speak at low levels, avoid making noise and respect those who are studying.
- The consumption of food and drink in the Reading Hall is forbidden.
- Users are responsible for the safety and security of their personal belongings. The Reading Hall personnel are not liable for any loss or damage.
For book borrowing and other library services, please refer to the School of Science Library.
Location: University Campus Zografou, between the buildings of the Physics and Mathematics Departments. A second entrance is available via the 3rd floor corridor of the Department of Mathematics.
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 08:30-20:00 and Saturday 09:00-15:00. The Administration and the Book Borrowing Offices operate Monday-Friday 09:00-15:00.
Closed on public holidays. During break periods the schedule is adjusted accordingly.
Tel.: (+30) 210 - 727 6599, Administration: (+30) 210 - 727 6525.
E-mail: scilib [dot] uoa [dot] gr (sci[at]lib.uoa.gr)