Circuit theory is covered with an emphasis on the analysis and the solving of exercises for both DC and AC for their permanent and transient states. The Circuit and Systems Laboratory is also presented, as well as its instruments, equipment and measurement methodology. Emphasis is given to the practical training in the construction and analysis of actual circuits and to obtaining correct measurements of electrical quantities. In particular, the following topics are included:
1. Basic circuits elements: active and passive elements (resistance, capacitor, inductor, operational amplifier, polarity conventions, earthing), current-voltage plots (Ohm's law), signals (DC, AC, power, rms values analog, digital).
2. Linear Networks: basic laws and rules for circuit analysis (nodes, branches, loops, elements connected in series and parallel, Kirchhoff rules, voltage and current dividers, superposition principle, Thevenin and Norton theorems, duality, real voltage and current sources. maximum power transfer).
3. Circuits with energy storage elements: RC-RL (transient response, frequency response, impedance, low or high frequency pass filters, resonant circuits).
4. Operational Amplifiers (OpAmp): internal circuits and applications of OpAmps, ideal and real OpAmps (Texas Instruments LM741), basic OpAmp circuits (inverted amplifier, non-inverted amplifier, voltage follower, adder, differential amplifier, integrator, differentiator).
5. Methodology for selecting electrical elements and circuit connections: real passive and active elements, signal generators, breadboards, wiring, earthing.
6. Measurement methodology: laboratory instruments and principles of operation (multimeters, oscilloscopes), voltage, current, resistance, phase difference measurements, display of time-varying signals, graphs of measured quantities, calibration.
1. Rizzoni, G., Kearns, J., and Christides, C. V. (2018). Circuit Theory and Basic Electronics (in Greek). Papazisis Publications, ISBN 9789600234053.
2. Loutrides, S. (2018). Electric Circuits – Analysis Applications with MATLAB and SPICE (in Greek). Tziola Publications, ISBN 9789604185856.
3. Tsivides, G. (2018). Introductory Laboratory of Circuits and Electronics (in Greek). Papasotiriou Publications, ISBN 9789604911219.
1. Arapogianni, A. (2014). Circuits and Systems Laboratory. NKUA, Department of Informatics and Telecommunications.