The course presents the most important aspects of European economic and political integration and covers the following topics: Basic concepts and methodology for approaching the EU phenomenon. Economic integration and political unification. Basic theories on political consolidation (federation, neo-functioning, interdependence, theory of international regimes, intergovernment), critical evaluation of these theories. The legal order of the European Union, primary and secondary law. Institutional constitution, development and evolution of the institutional system. Policy-making and decision-making processes. Basic policies (economic policy, research, employment and integration into the labor market, education, vocational training and lifelong learning). European Union Structural Funds, Finances and Programs.
- Maravegias, N. & Tsinisizelis, M. The New European Union, Organization and Policies, 50 years. Themelio Publications, 2007.
- Gioti - Papadaki, O. "European Political Integration and Solidarity Policies". Kritiki Publications 2004.
- Ioakeimidis, P.K. European Political Union. Themelio Publications, 1995.
- Ioakeimidis, P.K. European Political Union. Theory, Negotiation, Institutions and Policies, Athens, Themelio publications, 1993.
- Lavdas, Κ.Α. Creation and evolution of the European Community. EAP, 2003.
- Hellenic University Association of European Studies. Introduction to European Studies Volume A: Sideris Publications, 2001.
- Moussis, N ,. From the European Community to the European Union - Institutions and Policies. Papazisis Publications, 2000.
- Andrikopoulou, E. & Kafkalas, Gr. The new European area. Enlargement and the geography of European growth, Athens, Themelio Publications, 2000.
- Course notes.