Photonics is an elective 8th semester course designed to further familiarize and deepen in optical communication technology, as well as introduce students to modern methods of photonic integration and all optical signal processing. After the introduction to the basic principles of photonic technology, the course refers to the study of lasers and LEDs, continues with the opioelectronic modulators and photoreceivers that implement the transmitters and receivers of optical communication systems, refers to holography and applications and finally introduces students to state-of-the-art technologies of photonic integration and all optical signal processing. In this way covers a wide range of basic and specialized optoelectronic telecommunication techniques, giving the student the opportunity to observe and deepen the most up-to-date techniques of telecommunication systems and optical signal processing and gaining a thorough background in designing and analysis of devices and systems.
- N. Θεοφάνους «Οπτρονική» Εκδόσεις Γ.Β. Βασδέκης
- B. E. A. Saleh and M. C. Teich, Fundamentals of Photonics, New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 1991. ISBN: 0-
- Paul E. Green «Δίκτυα Οπτικών Ινών» ISNB: 960-7510-00-3
- K. Pettermann “Laser Diode Modulation and Noise” ISNB:0-7923-1204-X
- Ζευγώλης Δημήτριος, «Εφαρμοσμένη οπτική με θέματα οπτικοηλεκτρονικής και Laser» ISNB: 978-960-418-
- J. Wilson, J. Hawkes «ΟΠΤΟΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΝΙΚΗ: Μια Εισαγωγή» Εκδόσεις ΕΜ