Call for Participation
online / 09:45 - 16:30 EEST
FORTH - Heraklion, Greece
The 2nd Summit on Gender Equality in Computing, organized by the Greek ACM-W Chapter, will take place online on June 12, 2020.
The Summit aims at promoting gender-equal access to the computer-related scientific frontiers, encouraging and educating women and men in an equal way to achieve their goals and utilize their potential in digital professions. The goal of the Summit is also to celebrate and disseminate the achievements of computer professionals in a fair and gender-equal way.
The program will feature keynote talks, a workshop, industry talks, and a panel.
Registration is free but required. Information about access to join the virtual conference will be provided to registered participants after registration.
- Anastasia Ailamaki, EPFL
- Stratos Idreos, Harvard University
- Liuba Shrira, Brandeis University
- Geraldine Fitzpatrick, TU Wien
- Katerina Kalimeri, Oracle
- Sofia Tsekeridou, INTRASOFT International
- Ilianna Kollia, IBM
- Marily Nika, Google
Panel: "Is Artificial Intelligence gendered?"
Moderator: Georgia Koutrika, Athena Research and Innovation Center
- Vicky Charisi, European Commission
- George Giannakopoulos, NCSR "Demokritos"
- Manolis Koubarakis, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Irene Ntoutsi, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat Munich
- Panagiota Fatourou, Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH) & University of Crete
- Maria Roussou, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Georgia Koutrika, ATHENA Research and Innovation Center
More information: https://www.ics.forth.gr/gec2020/